The Patricia Smith Christensen Scholarship
$1,000 to be awarded Biennially.
To provide a scholarship to assist a graduate nursing student who is pursuing her/his nursing education in the area of maternal-child or pediatric nursing. The scholarship will be awarded once during each biennium to the student with the greatest demonstrated potential for advanced study and research.
- Registered nurse with current license.
- Enrolled in a Master's or doctoral program in nursing.
- Preference will be given to a Canadian resident, other qualifications being equal.
- Preference will be given to Sigma Theta Tau International members, other qualifications being equal.
- Letter from applicant outlining her/his reasons for pursuing advanced nursing education in the area of maternal-child or pediatric nursing and providing details about current program and future career plans.
- Curriculum vitae including the following: educational background, professional experience, honors and awards, publications or papers, and research experience/funded grants.
- Two letters of reference, one clinical and one academic.
- Academic standing in current or most recently completed educational program (official transcripts).
Funding for this award is provided through interest on the Patricia Smith Christensen Fund which was established in memory of Patricia Christensen, a Canadian nurse, whose area of interest and expertise was maternal-child nursing. The biennial scholarship will be $1,000.
The deadline for submitting an application is 1 April 2013 (postmarked). Applications should be mailed to:
Patricia Smith Christensen Scholarship
Attn: Tonna Thomas - Grants Coordinator
Sigma Theta Tau International
550 West North Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com.