Membership Ambassador Role
The Membership Ambassador is a representative at the chapter level that serves as a liaison between members and the chapter. The ambassador should strive to strengthen the connection with new inductees and first-year members to create welcoming environments and orient this membership segment.
- New inductees that are active, dues-paying members of the chapter
- Willing and able to serve a two-year term (staggered rotation)
- Participate in STTI leadership development and orientation sessions
- Participate in periodic conference calls
- Serve as liaison between newly-inducted members, chapter, region and headquarters
- Encourage interest in the chapter's pre-induction activities.
- Introduce new members to The Circle and encourage networking.
- Assist chapter to organize one annual program dedicated to interests of recent inductees and new graduates.
- Participate in leadership succession by shadowing chapter leaders, participating in board meetings or conference calls and collaborating with member involvement committee.
- Survey or foster discussions to understand the needs of new members or candidates.
- Regions may elect to utilize a regional committee to link ambassadors across the region and foster collaboration.
Resources for Membership Ambassadors