What New Members Want
New members have shared some tips for your chapter to keep them engaged. What do your new members want?
- Ample time to respond to invitations and complete applications
- A special and meaningful induction ceremony
- A point person in the chapter they feel comfortable contacting with questions
- Someone to ask them what their needs are – and then meet those needs
- Regular communication from the chapter especially right after induction
- Communication that is relevant to their needs, and meaningful
- Networking opportunities for professional development
- Programs that are based on their needs and that speak to them
- To be personally greeted and welcomed at all events
- For the organization to understand that they lead busy lives. Plan communication and events accordingly.