Chapter Strategic Planning
Strategic planning is the process that determines where a chapter is going over a specified period of time and how it is going to get there.
- Defines purpose and direction of chapter goals and initiatives
- Communicates purpose and direction to the chapter members and community partners
- Details how chapter utilizes resources
- Develops sense of ownership and commitment among chapter leaders involved
- Supports a common vision for all chapter leaders to share
Who is involved?
Planning should be a team approach, though not every team member has to be involved equally.
The chapter president leads the process
Executive chapter board heavily involved
A member to represent overall membership
Multiple committees for implementation
How is it developed and maintained?
- Review STTI mission, vision and presidential call to action
- Use the Chapter Strategic Planning Guide to guide discussions and prioritize initiatives. You will need to sign in to the All Chapter Officers Workgroup to access this resource.
- Schedule strategic planning meetings in conjunction with each new biennium or with officer transitions
- Review strategic plans annually or more frequently if changes occur within the chapter (i.e. leadership change, financial changes etc.)
- Align strategic plans with the budget and leadership succession plans