The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) hosts webcasts to provide chapter leaders with information to support chapter leadership and operations. This page provides more information about the GoToWebinar platform used to host webcasts and how STTI manages each webcast.
STTI uses GoToWebinar as the platform to host webcasts.
Before participating in a webcast, ensure that your computer meets all system requirements
- Once registered participants will receive reminder e-mails 24 hours and one (1) hour prior to the webcast with access information
- During chapter training webcasts all phone lines remain in listen only mode in order to decrease background noise and minimize distractions
- See Instructions for more information on staying interactive throughout the presentation
- Webcast Tutorial (1:54)
- Control Panel
- Locate the control panel is in the upper right corner of the screen. If you are inactive within the control panel for a few moments then it will minimize
- Participants can open and minimize the control panel using the small red button with a white arrow
- Use the control panel to send messages to the webcast presenter using the Questions Log
- Use the Raise Hand feature as an alert to request your audio line be un-muted
- Audio Mode
- Use Mic & Speakers: this is the default audio mode and requires that your computer have a microphone connected to it in order for you to be heard when your audio line is un-muted
- Use Telephone: this audio mode should be used when a microphone is not connected to the computer.
- Requires a telephone number, access code and pin number provided to you in the Control Panel once you select this audio mode
- Participants will incur the cost of the long distance call
- Participants Outside the United States and Canada
- It is recommended that participants outside of the United States and Canada use Audio Mode: Use Mic & Speakers in order to eliminate the cost of a long distance and / or international call
- Participants outside of the United States and Canada who do not have access to microphones connected to their computer may still listen to the presentation by turning up the volume of the speakers on your computer.