Welcome to the October 2012 issue of the newsletter for developing chapters. The Constituent Services Center at the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) has developed this newsletter for groups interested in forming a chapter of STTI. Our goal is to make the sometimes-confusing process of developing a chapter an easier one. Each issue will focus on different aspects of honor society development. This issue highlights planning programs:
- Contact Information for Personal Assistance in Guiding You Through This Process
- STTI’s Call for Developing Honor Societies to Submit the Honor Society Pre-Application Form
- Program Planning: What it Is and What it Isn’t
- Five Quick Steps to Planning Successful Programs
- Elements of a Speaker Evaluation Form
- Webcast Wednesdays!
- Meet Your STTI Regional Leadership
- Upcoming Application Deadlines
We hope these newsletters will be a valuable resource to your group as you continue on the journey to forming a chapter. We look forward to guiding you through the chapter development process and welcoming you as a new chapter of STTI! Please feel free to contact the Constituent Services Center if you need assistance during your chapter development journey.
— Pat Thompson, EdD, RN, FAAN
Chief Executive Officer
Honor Society of Nursing,
Sigma Theta Tau International