Starting an STTI Chapter
STTI currently has more than 490 chapters around the world. For a complete listing, visit our chapter directory.
The minimum requirements for a school to begin the process of starting an STTI chapter include:
- Institution of higher education grants a minimum of a baccalaureate degree or equivalent in nursing
- School's nursing programs are accredited by an appropriate accrediting body recognized by the STTI Governance Committee
- Obtained support from the institute of higher education and the educational unit with the nursing program for an STTI chapter
Chapter establishment is a six-phase process. To establish a new chapter, groups must first form a local honor society at their institution of higher education. This developing honor society shall complete the tasks outlined within each phase of development to learn, grow, apply and transition into a successful and sustainable chapter. Chapter development staff are available to guide you in getting started.
Contact Us - Staff at STTI are available to schedule webinar consultations and to answer your questions about honor society & chapter development via phone or email:
Phases of Development to Start a New Chapter
- Formation of an honor society
- Operation as an honor society
- Application Submission & Review
- Chapter Designate
- New Chapter
Process of Adding a School of Nursing to an Existing Chapter
specifically for developing groups