|Geriatric Nursing |
Leadership Academy (GNLA)
Academy Purpose and Overview
STTI's Geriatric Nursing Leadership Academy (GNLA), presented in partnership with Hearst Foundations and HIll-Rom, is an 18-month mentored leadership development experience for nurses who care for geriatric patients.
GNLA is designed to assist and support each participant to develop and implement an interprofessional project centered on improving geriatric health outcomes.
See what participants are saying about this program.
The blended curriculum provides many methodologies for developing leadership knowledge and competence, with a focus on the following:
- Individual leadership development
- Advancing nursing practice through leadership of an interprofessional team leadership project
- Expanding scope of influence: organization, community, profession
Nurses who are accepted into the program will:
- Select a Leadership Mentor who will guide them through their leadership development over the 18-month period.
- Maintain collegial relationship with academy triad (Fellow, Leadership Mentor and Faculty Advisor).
- Attend two intensive workshops with their chosen Leadership Mentor.
- Design an individualized leadership development plan with guidance from their Leadership Mentor and Faculty Advisor (assigned by STTI).
- Implement and manage an interprofessional team leadership project that results in practice outcomes and aligns with the mission and vision of the Fellows' association/organization/institution (A/O/I).
- Facilitate two in-person site visits with triad.
- Attend academy celebration activities at STTI's Biennial Convention, 7–11 November 2015 in Las Vegas, NV.
Presented in partnership with Hearst Foundations and Hill-Rom.