The Hearst Foundations and Hill-Rom provide generous support to assist the Fellow and Leadership Mentor pair with the expenses associated with participation in the GNLA. The following costs for the Fellow and Leadership Mentor pair are covered by this support:
- Lodging for Workshop I, Workshop II and STTI Biennial Convention
- Breakfast and lunch associated with Workshops I and II
- Faculty Advisor expenses associated with the site visits
- Various learning materials
The following expenses are the responsibility of the Fellow and/or Leadership Mentor once they are accepted into the GNLA:
- $500 participation fee
- Travel to workshops (1 & 2) and STTI’s Biennial Convention
- Dinner during workshops (1 & 2)
- All meals at STTI’s Biennial Convention (except for celebration dinner)
- Additional activities associated with the Fellow’s individualized leadership plan and interprofessioal project
Recommended sources for financial assistance include: employers, civic organizations, hospital auxiliaries, government agencies, community and professional foundations, professional organizations and STTI chapters.
The Fellow and Leadership Mentor are strongly encouraged to seek a shared financial commitment from their employing organizations as part of their participation in the GNLA.
What are some returns on investment that can be expected from completing the GNLA?
- Access to world-class experts in leadership and geriatrics
- A formal leadership development mentorship
- Thorough assessment of leadership skills and personalized leadership development
- Intensive exposure to evidence-based approaches to health care of older adults
- The opportunity for guided development of an inter-professional leadership project
- Formal evaluation processes
- The benefits of coming together with other geriatric nurses for collaborative learning experiences
- The opportunity to present your work at an STTI biennial convention
Continuing nursing education contact hours and a certificate of completion will also be awarded at the completion of the 18-month GNLA, contingent upon:
- Completion of pre assignments prior to workshops
- Attendance at both workshops
- Participation in monthly learning enhancement activities
- Design and implementation of an inter-professional team project
- Arrangement and facilitation of site visits
- Submission of site visit reports in a timely manner
- Submission of abstract for poster presentation for STTI Biennial Convention
- Attendance at biennial convention and presentation of poster
- Submission of final report/evaluation
STTI is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.