Call for Applications - Editor
Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing
The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, is seeking an editor to provide the editorial vision, direction and leadership for its peer-reviewed, ISI-ranked journal, Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing (WV), published quarterly on behalf of the society by Wiley-Blackwell. Now in its 9th year of publication, WV is built around the application of the best evidence available to improve nursing practice around the world. WV has consistently enjoyed strong global readership and a robust impact factor helping further the journal and society's mission of “linking evidence to action.”
An Overview of the Position:
The editor will be responsible for the visionary leadership to continue the growth of WV as a leading source of knowledge and information supporting a global environment of evidence-based nursing policy and practice. The editor will work closely with the editorial advisory board, society staff, and Wiley-Blackwell staff to implement and support this vision through the journal’s mission to link evidence to action. The editor will select an editorial advisory board of global composition to facilitate the journal’s mission, and will work with society staff to select associate editor(s). The editor will receive an honorarium annually as well as reimbursement to attend assigned STTI events.
- The editor, in collaboration with the editorial advisory board, society and Wiley-Blackwell staff will:
- Develop and implement a targeted editorial plan to identify and actively recruit the best authors to submit manuscripts on a diverse array of topics of evidence-based health care with an emphasis on nursing in the broad areas of policy, practice, education, knowledge synthesis, translation, and methodology, including both quantitative and qualitative research
- Identify and facilitate critical partnerships with key global players in evidence-based practice.
- Plan and execute themed issues, solicited manuscripts and address key editorial issues to ensure broad usage of the journal globally.
- Identify, invite, orient, and engage an international editorial advisory board to assist in driving submissions and discussing editorial themes.
- Work with society staff to select a structure for associate editors or other support staff as needed to ensure smooth workflow for all submissions. Editor will be expected to learn and use Wiley-Blackwells online editorial management system extensively.
- Oversee all submissions, reviewers, and decision making for the content of each issue.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on editorial activities, current status and strategic plans for the journal to the society’s Board of Directors.
- Possess degree in nursing and doctoral degree in health care area. An understanding of global health care and scholarship preferred.
- Excellent record of publication in leading peer-reviewed nursing and healthcare journals.
- Keen understanding, based on academic and clinical experience, of the current state and future directions of evidence-based nursing in practice, research, educational, administrative, and health policy arenas at the international level.
- Excellent understanding of the importance of research transfer in evidence-based nursing and progressive ideas on how to incorporate this aspect into the journal.
- Solid editorial and peer review experience in evidence-based nursing.
- Established relationships with nursing and healthcare leaders and institutions globally.
- Membership in Sigma Theta Tau International preferred.
Review of applications will begin 15 September 2012 and will continue until the position is filled. The term of the editor will commence on July 1, 2013. Please send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references, and an editorial vision statement of 1000 words or less summarizing your views on evidence-based nursing and how, under your editorial leadership, Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing would continue to link evidence to action. Please submit all materials to:
Renee Wilmeth, Publisher
The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International
550 West North Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
+1.888.634.7575 (toll-free in U.S. and Canada)