|Sigma Theta Tau International Global Nursing Research Grant |
To encourage nurses to focus on responding to health disparities globally.
Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, the future promise of the applicant, and the applicant's research budget. Annual funding for this grant is provided by the Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation for Nursing's Patricia E. Thompson Giving Circle donors. Preference will be given to Sigma Theta Tau members, other qualifications being equal.
Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
The proposed nursing research should meet the following criteria
- The project should focus on responding to health disparities globally.
- The principal investigator(s) should be registered nurses (or country equivalent) with current license and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Submit a completed research application package and signed research agreement with appropriate additional documentation and letters of support by deadline (no extensions).
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received (including proof of Institutional Review Board approval or country equivalent).
- Complete project within eighteen (18) months of funding.
- Submit to STTI a final report; submit completed abstract to STTI's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
- Disseminate research findings through publication(s), podium or poster presentation at STTI research congress, biennial convention and/or regional meeting.
- Nurse researcher MUST be present at the STTI convention to accept award.
||US $12,000 (max)|
||1 May 2015|
||1 November 2015|
Sigma Theta Tau International
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada) or +1.317.634.8171(international)
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the submission system will be available in February 2015.