|Sigma Theta Tau International/|
Joan K. Stout, RN, Research Grant
The purpose of the Sigma Theta Tau International/Joan K. Stout, RN, Research Grant is to advance ongoing evidence-based study by nurse researchers on the impact of the practice of simulation education in schools of nursing and clinical care settings.
The allocation of funds is based upon a research project that is ready for implementation. The proposed research project should be designed to ensure the ongoing practice of nurse-led simulation in improving quality of care in clinical and/or academic settings with the potential for further funding and ongoing research. Funds provided by interest from a research endowment established at Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation for Nursing, with a donation by the Hugoton Foundation.
Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation for Nursing board of directors named the research grant in honor of Hugoton Foundation president Joan K. Stout, RN, FAAN, in recognition of her support of the role of simulation and technology by nurses incorporating evidence-based patient care.
Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
- Registered nurse with current license
- Have a master's degree, and/or be enrolled in a doctoral program
- Submit a completed research application via online submission system
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding
- Submit to STTI a final report; submit completed abstract to STTI's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
||1 per year|
||US $5,000 (max)|
||1 July 2015|
||1 November 2015|
Sigma Theta Tau International
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada) or +1.317.634.8171(International)
|How to apply: All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the online system will be available in April 2015. |