Guidelines for Preparing the Grant Final Report
for The Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International*
- The final report must be submitted within 90 days of the end of the funding period. Once the final report is received, up to remaining US $500 will be sent, if owed. The report may be submitted as an executive summary or abstract, a manuscript, a research abstract, a publication or journal article related to the funded project. Dissertations are not accepted as final reports. The final report should include the following:
- Summary of project aims
- Theoretical/conceptual framework
- Methods, procedures and sampling
- Summary of findings
- Financial summary
- Check for any unused funds
- A 3-5 sentence testimonial on how receiving the grant assisted you in completing your research.
- In addition, you must submit your abstract to the www.nursingrepository.org.
- Grant recipients must submit an abstract of their study data to the Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository located at www.nursingrepository.org. If the grant recipient desires, they may also submit a full-text version of the study data which may be in the form of a final report/article, gray paper (i.e., any resulting literature deemed complete, but the grant recipient is choosing not to publish through traditional channels), research study, presentation, or pre-publication version. Full-text submissions to the VHL Repository go through a peer review process.
- If the grant recipient is working with a publisher, consideration will be given for embargo periods so as not to interfere with the journal publication process or violate the journal’s submission policies. In such instances, embargo periods will be considered on a case by case basis and will not extend beyond a one year period. During the embargo period the VHL will display author information, and an abstract version of the submission, but the full-text item will not be accessible to the public. Instructions are available on the library website to help grant recipients register and submit their study results.
- For additional information, please contact Kimberly Thompson, Library Administrator, at 1-888-634-7575, or via email at: email@example.com. The VHL is a searchable and free online open-access repository dedicated to providing nurses worldwide with one of the most comprehensive resources for nursing research information. Please recognize funding from the Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation upon publication and/or presentation.
- Please recognize funding from the Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation upon publication and/or presentation.
Please send the final report to the honor society headquarters at the following address:
Sigma Theta Tau International
550 West North Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202 USA
The report can also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to +1.317.634.8188.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
*Please note: This information is only for the grants submitted to the honor society. For grants submitted to the society’s joint grant partners, please visit their Web site for specific guidelines.