Guidelines for Preparing the Grant Final Report
for the Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International*
- Submit the final report to the Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation for Nursing within 90 days of the end of the funding period. Once the final report is received, up to the remaining US $500 will be sent if owed. The report may be submitted as an executive summary or abstract, a manuscript, a research abstract, or a publication or journal article related to the funded project. Dissertations are not accepted as final reports. The final report should include the following:
- Summary of project aims
- Theoretical/conceptual framework
- Methods, procedures and sampling
- Summary of findings
- Financial summary
- Check for any unused funds
- A 3-5 sentence testimonial on how receiving the grant assisted you in completing your research.
Submit your final report to the Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository (Henderson Repository) at www.nursingrepository.org.
The final report as submitted to the Henderson Repository will be in the grant recipient’s chosen format and must include the information above excluding points 6, 7, and 8. Note, there is a difference between acceptable final report formats for the foundation and acceptable submissions for the repository. Abstracts are not accepted as repository submissions even though the foundation may accept them in fulfillment of the final report requirement; dissertations are acceptable submissions to the repository. Grant recipients retain full copyright to all works submitted to the repository and are free to pursue traditional publication paths. If the grant recipient is working, or plans to work, with a journal/publisher and has concerns about submitting the full report to the repository, an embargo period may be requested to avoid perceived interference with the journal/book publication process. Embargo periods will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will not extend beyond industry standards. The repository will display general item information during the embargo period, but the full-text attached file will be inaccessible to the public for a set period of time. To submit the final report or for additional information, visit www.nursingrepository.org to review the repository’s instructions, policies, and guidelines. If you have questions or need to request an embargo, contact Kimberly Thompson, repository manager, by phone at 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll-free) or via email at email@example.com
Please recognize funding from the Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation upon publication and/or presentation.
The report should also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to +1.317.634.8188.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
*Please note: This information is only for the grants submitted to the honor society. For grants submitted to the society’s joint grant partners, please visit each partner's website for specific guidelines.