Guidelines for Preparing the Grant Final Report
for The Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International*
- The final report must be submitted within 90 days of the end of the funding period. Once the final report is received, up to remaining US $500 will be sent, if owed. The report may be submitted as an executive summary or abstract, a manuscript, a research abstract, a publication or journal article related to the funded project. Dissertations are not accepted as final reports. The final report should include the following:
- Summary of project aims
- Theoretical/conceptual framework
- Methods, procedures and sampling
- Summary of findings
- Financial summary
- Check for any unused funds
- A 3-5 sentence testimonial on how receiving the grant assisted you in completing your research.
In addition, you must submit your abstract to the www.nursingrepository.org.
Grant recipients must submit a full report (i.e., grey literature: the working paper, progress report, etc.) of their investigation/research results to the Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository. Grant recipients retain full copyright to all works submitted to the repository and may choose to distill/refine the information contained in the working paper and submit an article/book manuscript to the journal/publisher of their choice for tenure and/or promotion purposes. Most publishers do not consider the public dissemination of grey literature to be “prior publishing.” If the grant recipient is working with a publisher and has concerns about submitting the full report to the repository, an embargo period may be requested to avoid perceived interference with the journal/book publication process. Embargo periods will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will not extend beyond industry standards. The repository will display general item information during the embargo period, but the full-text attached file will not be accessible to the public for a set period of time. To submit a full report or for additional information, visit www.nursingrepository.org and select the “Get Started” tab. If you have additional questions, contact Kimberly Thompson, repository manager, by phone at 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll-free) or via email at email@example.com
Please recognize funding from the Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation upon publication and/or presentation.
The report can also should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to +1.317.634.8188.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
*Please note: This information is only for the grants submitted to the honor society. For grants submitted to the society’s joint grant partners, please visit their Web site for specific guidelines.