Poster Presenter Information
Note: These guidelines are only applicable to the 42nd Biennial Convention being held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 16-20 November 2013. For presentations at other meetings, please consult the website for those specific events.
Poster Display Information
Poster Viewing Times
Please note posters will be displayed for two consecutive days. Posters are scheduled for either Poster Session 1 on Saturday, 16 November and Sunday, 17 November or Poster Session 2 on Monday, 18 November and Tuesday, 19 November.
Poster Session 1 Viewing Times
- Saturday, 16 November
3:15-4:30 p.m. (1515-1630) – Session 1A
- Sunday, 17 November
11:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (1100-1215) – Session 1B
2:45-4:00 p.m. (1445-1600) – Session 1C
Poster Session 2 Viewing Times
- Monday, 18 November
10:00-11:15 a.m. (1000-1115) – Session 2A
1:45-3:00 p.m. (1345-1500) – Session 2B
3:15-4:30 p.m. (1515-1630) – Session 2C
- Tuesday, 19 November
8:30-9:45 a.m. (0830-0945) – Session 2D
10:00-11:15 a.m. (1000-1115) – Session 2E
Poster Setup/Removal Times
Poster Session 1
- Setup: Saturday, 16 November
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (1100-1300)
- Removal: Sunday, 17 November
5:30-6:00 p.m. (1730-1800)
Poster Session 2
- Setup: Monday, 18 November
7:00-8:30 a.m. (0700-0830)
- Removal: Tuesday, 19 November
11:15 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (1115-1300)
Note: All materials not removed by this time will be discarded.
General Poster Recommendations
- Be sure that your poster attracts attention, emphasizes important points, reads easily, and stimulates interest.
- Facts should be printed in single phrases or words.
- Facts can be printed on separate sheets of paper according to major headings.
- Define unfamiliar or complex terms as simply as possible.
- Use pictorial or graphic illustrations to clarify and enhance a message.
- Use typeface that is legible from six feet away.
- Use a consistent font.
- Use a minimal amount of punctuation.
- View should be able to grasp the total message in five minutes.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International).