Air Travel to the Hotels of Marriott Place Indianapolis
The Indianapolis International Airport
(IND) is located just 20 minutes west of downtown, where the hotels of Marriott Place Indianapolis are located. The airport is serviced by eight airlines, including direct and nonstop service to and from many destinations.
PLEASE NOTE that the hotels of Marriott Place Indianapolis do not offer a shuttle service from the airport.
Driving Directions to the Hotels of Marriott Place Indianapolis
Indianapolis is easily accessible by car. More than half of the nation’s population lives within a day’s drive of Indianapolis. Interstates 65, 69, 70 and 74 meet at this “Crossroads of America.”
From Indianapolis International Airport
Head northwest on Col. H. Weir Cook Memorial
Drive – 1.9 miles
Slight left on the ramp to I-70 East – .1 mile
Keep left at the fork to continue to I-70 East – .5 mile
Keep right at the fork to continue to I-70 East –
Keep left at the fork and follow signs for I-70 East/I-465 North/I-74 West/Indianapolis and merge onto I-70 East –
Take exit 79B to merge onto South Illinois Street –
Turn left at West Washington Street – .4 mile
- Turn left at South West Street – 62 feet
- I-70 East toward Indianapolis
- Take exit 79B to merge onto South Illinois Street –
- Turn left at West Washington Street – .4 mile
- Turn left at South West Street – 62 feet
- I-65 South toward Indianapolis
- Take exit 114 toward Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street/to West Street – .4 mile
- Merge onto West Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street – .5 mile
- West Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street turns slightly left and becomes North West Street – .6 mile
I-69 South toward Indianapolis
Take exit 0 to merge onto I-465 South/IN-37 South –
Take exit 44 for I-70 West towards Indianapolis – .2 mile
Continue on ramp and merge onto I-70 – 6.1 miles
Take exit 83A for Ohio Street – 1.5 miles
Slight right at East Ohio Street – 1.1 miles
Turn left at North West Street – .2 mile
- I-65 North
- Take the exit on the left onto I-70 West toward St.
Louis – 1.1 miles
- Take exit 79A toward West Street – .3 mile
- Keep right at fork, follow signs for IU Medical Center/IUPUI/Convention Center and merge onto South Missouri Street – .8 mile
- Take the first left onto South Missouri Street – .1 mile
- Turn left at West Washington Street – .1 mile
- Take the first left onto South West Street – 62 feet
- Take exit 83A for Ohio Street – 1.5 miles
- Slight right at East Ohio Street – 1.1 miles
- Turn left at North West Street – .2 mile
Travel Information for International Attendees
Cell Phones: Contact your service provider to learn if there are compatible companies in the United States that can provide cell phone service. Contact your service provider or travel agent for more information.
Currency: The national currency is the United States Dollar. Learn more about currency conversions.Customs: All persons entering the United States must fill out a declaration for U.S. Customs.
Electricity: Standard voltage is 120 volts AC. The hotel does not provide adapters. Bringing your own adapter is recommended.
For information regarding visas and entry requirements, please contact the nearest United States Embassy, High Commission or consulate in your region. For additional information, visit the U.S. Department of State’s website. Travelers from outside the United States may or may not need a visa. See which countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program. Please note that persons traveling under the Visa Waiver Program must have machine readable passports.Foreign Consulates: Please check the Internet to view a complete listing of consulates in the United States.
International Dialing: To make an international call from the United States, dial the access code 011, then your country code and phone number. The hotel operator can assist you. If you’re calling a number in the United States or Canada, direct dialing is: 1, the area code, and the phone number.
Time Zones: Indiana is in the Eastern Time Zone (-4 hours Greenwich Mean Time).
Tipping: Visitors should be advised that the standard tip in most restaurants is 15% to 20%.
Tips for Traveling Abroad: Visit your local government websites for information and recommendations on traveling to the United States. It is recommended that when traveling outside of your home country you register with your embassy or consulate by notifying them of your travel dates and destination.
Visa Letter Requests: If you need a letter confirming your event registration to help facilitate your efforts in obtaining a visa, we can provide a confirmation letter once you have registered for the convention, and the payment has been processed.
- Once you meet these two requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and registration confirmation ID number.
- If you have been accepted as a presenter, please include your abstract ID in your request.
- Once your information is verified, the confirmation letter for your visa application will be e-mailed to you.
Your request will be processed within 10 business days. Requests for confirmation letters must be submitted by 16 October 2013. Requests for mailed letters will be reviewed and additional fees will apply. The confirmation letter does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Confirmation letters will state only the event title, dates, location, payment confirmation of registration fees, and that you are a presenter if applicable. If you are denied a visa, we will provide you a full refund so long as we are notified BEFORE 30 October 2013. Attendees are advised to apply for a visa as early as possible.