Poster Presenter Information
Note: These guidelines are only applicable to the Creating Healthy Work Environments conference being held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 12-14 April 2013. For presentations at other meetings, please consult the website for those specific events.
Poster Display Information
Sigma Theta Tau International will supply the poster board for displaying your presentation.
- Board Color: White Foam Core
- Board Format: Can be placed either horizontal or vertical
- Dimensions: 2 feet by 3 feet
- No tables, electronics or audio/visual equipment are allowed in the poster viewing area.
- Presenters should bring VELCRO® or push pins to fasten the poster to the board.
Poster Viewing Times
Please note posters will be displayed for two consecutive days.
Friday, 12 April
· 11:00-11:30 a.m. (1100-1130) – Session 1
· 1:00-1:45 p.m. (1300-1345) – Session 2
Saturday, 13 April
· 10:15-11:00 a.m. (1015-1100) – Session 3
· 3:00-3:30 p.m. (1500-1530) – Session 4
Poster Setup/Removal Times
· Setup: Friday, 12 April – 8:00-9:00 a.m. (0800-0900)
· Removal: Saturday, 13 April – 3:30-5:00 p.m. (1530-1700)
Note: All materials not removed by this time will be discarded.
General Poster Recommendations
- Be sure that your poster attracts attention, emphasizes important points, reads easily, and stimulates interest.
- Facts should be printed in single phrases or words.
- Facts can be printed on separate sheets of paper according to major headings.
- Define unfamiliar or complex terms as simply as possible.
- Use pictorial or graphic illustrations to clarify and enhance a message.
- Use typeface that is legible from six feet away.
- Use a consistent font.
- Use a minimal amount of punctuation.
- View should be able to grasp the total message in five minutes.
For more information about Creating Healthy Work Environments, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International).