Global Ambassador Program: Nursing Worldwide
What is the Global Ambassador Program?
The Global Ambassador Program is designed to increased STTI's global visibility and its contributions worldwide.
Beth Desaretz Chiatti,
MSN, PhD-(c), RN,CSN, CTN-B
Delta Tau Chapter-at-Large and
Eta Beta Chapters
“As a nurse educator, one of my goals is to give students a global perspective of nursing. When I take students on international study abroad trips, I’m able to meet colleagues from around the world and learn about nursing education and practice in their
countries. I take these opportunities to promote Sigma Theta Tau International. That’s what I love about being a Global Ambassador!”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Global Ambassadors:
- Increase visibility of STTI and its contribution to
nursing on an international level
- Encourage STTI membership and promote chapter development (when applicable)
- Gain a broader perspective of the nursing profession and cultures worldwide
- Connect with nursing colleagues around the world
- Receive materials designed to assist in explaining the organization and the benefits of being a member
- Reside in or travel to geographical areas where promotion of STTI is appropriate
- Have an awareness of cultural differences
Global Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Submit a completed Global Ambassador Program material order form as soon as possible prior to travel.
Collect information about nursing in countries or regions visited.
Submit a completed Questions for Ambassadors to Ask form upon return to Global@stti.org.
Documents for the Global Ambassador Program:
Examples of materials available from the program material order form:
- What is an Honor Society brochure
- Global Bookmark
- STTI Fact Sheet
Who do I contact with questions?
Global Development Department
Honor Society of Nursing
Sigma Theta Tau International
550 W. North Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202 USA
Phone: 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll free)