Book Proposal Reviewer
Evaluates book proposals to determine suitability for publication by the honor society. In keeping with usual book publishing practices, the identity of the author/editor will be disclosed to reviewers, but the reviewers’ identities will not be known to the author/editor.
Benefits to you
- Contribute to peer-reviewed publications about a single subject that can be used to inform the public, expand or alter a body of knowledge, or prompt the nursing profession into dialog
- Receive recognition as an honor society volunteer
What you will do
- Evaluate the relevance of the topic
- Evaluate the applicability of the topic to the identified nursing audience
- Evaluate the rigor of the research and documentation in supporting the topic
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the proposed organization of the book
- Appointed for specific manuscript topics
- Members and non-members who are experts in their particular field of nursing and are qualified to assess book proposals via experience authoring and editing nursing books
How do I apply?
- Complete a VIProfile, indicating the following interest category: Writing/Editing/Editorial – Manuscript reviewer