|The Honor Society of Nursing, |
Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)
was founded 5 October 1922.
Discover ways to celebrate STTI's 90th anniversary!
Walk for Research: A Chapter Challenge
The STTI Foundation for Nursing will host the 90th Anniversary Celebration Walk for Research during the biennial convention to benefit the Research Fund.
Chapters who collect combined member donations of US $500 or more will receive an engraved paver, a brick engraved with the chapter name that will placed in the garden at STTI headquarters. Donations must be turned in to the Foundation by the start of the walk on Monday, 18 November 2013.
Project 90: A chapter anniversary activity
The 90th anniversary isn’t just a milestone worth noting. It’s the perfect time to bring your chapter together to reflect and celebrate the history and vision of STTI. For the coming year, we are inviting chapters to participate in a project to serve, collect, donate or engage 90 people/places/things in honor of STTI. Your chapter is encouraged to take part in one of the following activities or come up with an idea of its own:
- Complete 90 hours of volunteerism/service.
- Donate 90 items to a local charity/cause:
- 90 blankets for an area homeless shelter
- 90 seed packets for urban garden programs
- 90 toiletries for people serving overseas
- 90 books for a children’s hospital or classroom
- 90 cans of food for the food pantry
- 90 items of used sports equipment for after-school programs
- Ask 90 members to make a brief statement of how STTI has helped their careers or changed their lives and include their statements in an article for the chapter’s upcoming newsletter.
- Challenge members to participate in teams to walk/run/swim/bike/etc. 90 miles or commit to 90 minutes of exercise/week over a designated period of time.
- Send 90 member appreciation cards to members acknowledging the chapter’s gratitude for their participation.
- Connect with 90 people in the community to promote/generate awareness about your STTI chapter.
- Collect 90 photos from the chapter’s history for the 90th anniversary website. (Photo submission form now closed).
- Renew 90 inactive members.
- Throw a member appreciation party to acknowledge the hard work of chapter leaders past and present.
What creative way will your chapter celebrate the 90th anniversary? Tell us about it online by visiting us on Facebook, Twitter or by posting your chapter’s story in the All Chapter Officers Work Group on The Circle.