September 2010 - Archived Issue of Board Matters
Dear STTI members,
The International Board of Directors met by conference call on 7 September 2010. The interactions during this meeting were primarily focused on the sharing of information related to the activities of the president, board members, the chief executive officer and STTI staff members. The following reflects the decisions made, direction setting undertaken, and the information that was shared.
The board reviewed, edited and approved minutes of the 3-5 June 2010 Board Meeting.
A draft document of our Global Values Statement was reviewed, and board members provided feedback and recommendations. This document is still being refined. Board members discussed the Board Awards nomination process and potential nominees for the Archon Award, Nell J. Watts Lifetime Achievement in Nursing Award, the Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award, and the awarding of Honorary STTI Membership.
- Board members discussed plans for board participation in the chartering of chapters in Australia (Queensland University of Technology; Brisbane Griffith University; and Gold Coast University of the Sunshine Coast ); and U.S. chapters at George Washington University – Washington, DC; Walsh University - North Canton, OH; and Marian University - Fond du Lac, WI
- CEO, Pat Thompson shared updates regarding STTI’s Center for Long Term Care, collaborative interactions with other nursing organizations, and progress related to a new consumer-oriented website that is in development.
- Plans for forthcoming Leadership Summit conferences were discussed. These include summits in Indianapolis, Indiana (September 24-25, 2010), Arlington, Texas (October 15-16, 2010), and a European location which is being finalized for the spring of 2011.
- President Morin and President-elect Prevost gave a summary of work completed at the Nurse Faculty Migration Summit which was held during June. Dr. Morin also reported on her participation in the Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centres for Nursing & Midwifery Conference, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, during July.
- CEO Thompson shared a status report regarding upgrades to our information technology support systems at the international office. These improvements were funded by a board-approved allocation from our reserve account earlier this biennium. Positive financial performance of STTI and the STTI Building Corporation are allowing for these reserve funds to be restored ahead of the anticipated timeframe.
The board of directors will convene for a face-to-face meeting on 22-23 September 2010 in Indianapolis.
|Karen H. Morin, RN, DSN
||Suzanne S. Prevost |
|President, Honor Society of Nursing
||President-Elect, Honor Society of Nursing |
|Sigma Theta Tau International
||Sigma Theta Tau International|
Return to the Board Matter Archives