September 2010 - Archived Issue of Board Matters
Dear STTI members,
The International Board of Directors met for a face-to-face meeting September 22-23, 2010 in Indianapolis.
The following reflects the decisions made, direction setting undertaken, and the information that was shared.
The board reviewed, edited and approved minutes of the September 7, 2010 board meeting by conference call.
Reviewed and recommended approval of six chapter charters. Approval of these charters by the House of Delegates will occur 15 October-15 November 2010 via electronic voting.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing, Downer's Grove, IL
- California State University, San Marcos, CA
- Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, CA
- South University College of Nursing, Savannah, GA
- St. Anthony College of Nursing, Rockford, IL
- Texas A & M, College Station, TX
Additionally, three chapter charter amendments were approved.
- Nu Pi Chapter - MacMurry College; Milikin University; St. John's College
- Epsilon Tau Chapter - Rivier College
- Rho Chi-at-Large Chapter - Saxion University of Applied Sciences
The board also approved nominations for the 2011 Archon Award, the 2011 Nell J. Watts Lifetime Achievement in Nursing Award, and the 2011 Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award.
Preliminary yearend financial statements for the total corporate budget, as well as STTI and individual subsidiaries were reviewed.
Reports were received from the following committees, advisory councils and task forces:
- Board Leadership Development Committee
- Corporate Audit & Accountability Committee
- Governance Committee
- Leadership Succession Committee
- Regional Chapters Coordinating Committee
- Advisory Council on Policy
- International Academic Nursing Alliance
- Research & Scholarship Advisory Council
- Global Health Priorities Task Force
- Information Technology Task Force
- International Service Institute Task Force
- Languages Task Force
- UN Task Force (final report with recommendations)
- 2010 International Nursing Research Congress Planning Task Force (final report)
- 2011 International Nursing Research Congress Planning Task Force
- 2011 Biennial Convention Planning Task Force
The Board spent considerable time discussing strategies critical in moving the organization forward in realizing the Vision 2020 goal of being intentionally global.
Status reports were provided covering recent activities of the STTI subsidiaries; STTI Foundation for Nursing, STTI Building Corporation, and Nursing Knowledge International.
The board also received presentations and status reports from our editors, including:
- The Journal of Nursing Scholarship – Susan Gennaro
- Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing – Renee Wilmeth for Jo Rycroft-Malone
- Reflections on Nursing Leadership – Jim Mattson
- Book Acquisitions – Janet Boivin
The director of Constituent Services gave highlights from the Membership and Chapter Statistics. Board members also discussed the presence and impact of STTI on social media sites.
Following this meeting, several board members participated as speakers and moderators during the Leadership Summit, conducted in Indianapolis on 24-25 September 2010. The board of directors will convene by conference call on November 23, 2010
|Karen H. Morin, RN, DSN
||Suzanne S. Prevost |
|President, Honor Society of Nursing,
||President-Elect, Honor Society of Nursing|
|Sigma Theta Tau International
||Sigma Theta Tau International|
Return to the Board Matter Archives