January 2012 - Archived Issue of Board Matters
Dear STTI Members,
The International Board of Directors met on 17 January 2012 by video conference to conduct the business of the society.
The following reflects the decisions made, direction setting undertaken, and the information that was shared.
The Board reviewed, edited and approved the minutes of the face-to-face meeting of 2 November 2011 in Grapevine, Texas, and the 15 November, and 13 December 2011 conference call meetings.
The Board also approved the following motions:
- To accept the bylaws amendments approved by the 2011 House of Delegates.
- To accept the 2011-2013 International Bylaws.
- To accept the 2011-2013 Chapter Bylaws.
Reviewed Board Oversight Plan and considered implications for future planning. The purpose of the Board Oversight Plan is to identify board outcomes and biennial priorities based on expert thinking, member feedback, vision, mission, strategic priorities, call to action, data and other environmental resources. The following advisory councils and task forces are to be appointed:
- Research and Scholarship Advisory Council
- International Academic Nursing Alliance
- United Nations and Global Health Advisory Council
- Globalizations Task Force
- Legacy Building Task Force
- International Service Task Force
- Technology and Innovations Task Force
- Clinical Partnership Task Force
- 2012 International Nursing Research Congress Planning Task Force (Brisbane, Australia)
- 2013 International Nursing Research Congress Planning Task Force (Prague, Czech Republic)
- 2013 Biennial Convention Planning Task Force (Indianapolis, IN)
- Rising Star Advisory Panel
The following are committees or task forces of the Board of Directors:
- Corporate Audit and Accountability Committee
- Resolutions Committee
- International Awards Review Task Force
- INDEN (International Network for Doctoral Education in Nursing) Task Force
- South Africa Staff Pilot Task Force
- Strategic Partnership Task Force
Status report was provided covering recent activities of Africa Staff Pilot and planning for future goals and actions.
|Suzanne S. Prevost
||Connie Sobon-Sensor |
|President, Honor Society of Nursing,
||Secretary, Honor Society of Nursing, |
|Sigma Theta Tau International|
|Sigma Theta Tau International |
Return to the Board Matter Archives