Dear STTI Members,
The International Board of Directors met on 7-9 February 2013 for a face-to-face conference at STTI Headquarters in Indianapolis to conduct the business of the society.
The following reflects the decisions made, direction setting undertaken, and the information that was shared.
The Board reviewed and approved the minutes of the 15 January 2013 Board of Directors video conference as submitted.
The Board approved a motion to update the new chapter services fee scale which was adopted by the Board during the June 2012 board meeting, to reflect the growth in Consumer Price Index. The new scale will be effective immediately, and chapters will be billed using the new rates in September 2013.
The Board reviewed the existing Governance Manual and will include the Society’s vision, mission and values statements, and the newly created guiding principles, when they become available.
Terrance Barkan, CAF, Chief Strategist and Business Architect of GLOBALSTRAT, gave a presentation to the Board and facilitated discussion of guiding principles for STTI, which were later refined and accepted by the BOD.
The following Board Committees and Task Forces gave reports:
• Corporate Audit and Accountability Committee
• Resolutions Committee
• INDEN Task Force (International Network for Doctoral Education in Nursing)
• Strategic Partnership Task Force
Committees, Advisory Councils & Task Forces
Reports from the elected committees were presented by Board liaisons.
• Governance Committee – The Board discussed and made recommendations on proposed Bylaws amendment revisions for Eligibility, Organization of a Chapter, Board of Directors, and Parliamentary Authority.
• Leadership Succession Committee
• Regional Chapters Coordinating Committee
• International Academic Nursing Alliance
• Research & Scholarship Advisory Council
• United Nations and Global Health Advisory Council – The board approved the cost of participation in United Nations activities (CoNGO (the Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the UN), the NGO/DPI Executive Committee, and ECOSOC Committees), and reimbursement of travel expenses for two appointed youth representatives and the appointed STTI representative at the UN, according to guidelines established by the Board.
• Clinical Partnership Task Force
• Globalization Task Force
• International Service Task Force
• The Board accepted the letter of disclosure from H. Klopper regarding payment she received as a faculty member of the Maternal and Child Health Nurse Leader Academy South Africa pilot (years one and two).
• Legacy Building Task Force
• Rising Star Advisory Panel
• Technology & Innovation Task Force
• Education Workgroup
• South Africa Pilot Project Report and Metrics
The Board Oversight Plan was reviewed by the President, and no comments or questions were presented by the Board.
The CEO discussed the society’s process for organizational affiliation with STTI and presented highlights from the Organizational Operational Performance Report.
Status reports were provided covering recent activities of the STTI subsidiaries; (STTI Foundation for Nursing, STTI Building Corporation, and Nursing Knowledge International) and Publications.
The International Nursing Research Congress will be held 22-26 July 2013 in Prague, Czech Republic.
|Suzanne S. Prevost
|President, Honor Society of Nursing,
||Secretary, Honor Society of Nursing,|
|Sigma Theta Tau International
||Sigma Theta Tau International|