Chapters recognized through the 2015-2017 Showcase of Regional Excellence will receive a certificate and have their name posted on the STTI website. Recipients will also be recognized during regional meetings at STTI's 44th Biennial Convention in 2017.
Submit your nomination prior to 1 October 2017. After submission, you will be contacted directly by your regional coordinator.
Accomplishments for the 2015-2017 biennium should represent one of the four areas of Cathy Catrambone's Presidential Call to Action, which asks you to Influence through:
- Advocacy - Your chapter can influence through advocacy by:
- Hosting a world health day event for the community. (Such as Earth Day, World AIDS day, World No Tobacco Day, and World Asthma Day.) The World Health Organization has a list of world health days available on their website.
- Educating members on local, regional, and international initiatives that are focused on improving world health.
- Partnering with organizations at the local, regional, or international levels to improve health through the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
- Policy - Your chapter can influence through policy by:
- Philanthropy - Your chapter can influence through philanthropy by:
- Lifelong Learning - Your chapter can influence through lifelong learning by:
- Hosting a chapter program to help members identify and achieve their professional goals.
- Hosting a chapter program to promote work/life balance
- Informing members about STTI's educational opportunities.
- Partnering with practice settings to make STTI more visible in the workplace.
Review the complete Presidential Call to Action for additional examples and ideas, but feel free to use your creativity in capturing the true nature of the call to action. Chapters can be recognized once for each of the four areas of focus.
Submit accomplishments as they occur throughout the biennium, and allow four weeks for review.
The 2013-2015 Recipients of the Showcase of Regional Excellence Award
For more information regarding the Showcase of Regional Excellence, contact your regional coordinator. You may also contact STTI headquarters at 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll-free) or +1.317.634.8171 (International) or email email@example.com.