The Sigma Theta Tau International/Doris Bloch Research Award encourages nurses to contribute to the advancement of nursing through research.
Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research, the future promise of the applicant and the applicant's research budget. Applications from novice researchers who have received no other national research funds are encouraged and will receive preference for funding, other aspects being equal. Preference will be given to Sigma Theta Tau International members, other qualifications being equal. Funding is provided by a gift to the honor society's Research Endowment from the Doris Bloch estate.
Grants available: 1 per year
Funding: US $5,000 (max)
Deadline: 1 July 2018
Funding date: 1 November 2018
- Registered nurse with current license.
- Hold a master's or doctoral degree or be enrolled in a doctoral program.
- Submission of a completed research application package and signed research agreement.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Submit to STTI a final report.
- Submit completed abstract to STTI's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the submission system will be available in April 2017.
Sigma Theta Tau International
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free) or