To encourage the research career development of clinically based nurses through support of clinically oriented research.
Allocation of funds is based on a research project ready for implementation, the quality of the proposed research, the future potential of the applicant, appropriateness of the research budget and feasibility of the time frame. Funds for this biennial grant are provided by interest from the Virginia Henderson Clinical Research Endowment Fund. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
Grants available: 1 per biennium
Funding: $5000 (max)
Deadline:1 December 2017
Funding date: 1 June 2018
- Registered nurse with current license
- Actively involved in some aspect of health care delivery, education or research in a clinical setting
- Have a master's or doctoral degree or be enrolled in a doctoral program
- Submit a completed research application package and signed research agreement
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International
- Complete project within one (1) year of funding.
- Submit to STTI a final report; submit completed abstract to STTI's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the online submission system. A link to the submission system is available by clicking here.
Contact Information Research Services
Sigma Theta Tau International
Phone: 888.634.7575 (US/Canada) or