STTI currently has more than 500 chapters around the world. For a complete listing, visit our chapter directory. Chapters must be located at either institutions of higher education or institutions of higher education and practice setting(s).
The minimum requirements for a school to begin the process of starting an STTI chapter include:
- Institution of higher education grants a minimum of a baccalaureate degree or equivalent in nursing.
- School's nursing programs are accredited by an appropriate accrediting body recognized by the STTI Governance Committee.
- Obtained support from the institution of higher education and the educational unit with the nursing program for an STTI chapter.
Practice setting(s) may start a brand new at-large chapter in collaboration with an institution of higher education or practice setting(s) may join an established chapter.
All practice settings must meet the following minimum requirements for STTI affiliation:
- A practice setting is an entity where professional (registered) nursing is practiced.
- Practice setting must be accredited by an appropriate accrediting agency recognized by the STTI Governance Committee (such as the Joint Commission or equivalent).
- Practice setting administration and chief nursing officer officials must agree to support a STTI chapter at the university.
Getting Started: Phases of Honor Society and Chapter Development
Chapter establishment is a six-phase process. To establish a new chapter, groups must first form a local honor society at their institution of higher education. This developing honor society shall complete the tasks outlined within each phase of development to learn, grow, apply, and transition into a successful and sustainable chapter. Chapter development staff are available to guide you in getting started.
Submit a developing honor society
consultation request form
Questions? Contact us!
Staff at STTI are available to schedule webinar consultations and to answer your questions about honor society and chapter development via phone or email.
Telephone: 1.888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll-free) or 1.317.634.8171 (International)