The honor society secretary is responsible for recording and distributing meetings minutes, along with preparing and distributing honor society correspondence (in collaboration with publicity and/or other committees. Secretaries can chair and/or serve on committees as needed.
- Record and write the minutes for each Board of Directors and business meeting.
- Distribute minutes to all members of the Board of Directors.
- Keep an official record book of the minutes of all Board of Directors and business meetings to present to the succeeding secretary.
- Prepare an annual report to the chapter membership.
- Prepare list of new officers (including contact information) within two weeks of officer elections and provide the board with updates as they occur.
- Order/create all stationery, forms and mailing labels for the honor society.
- Email/mail all honor society correspondence.
- Send membership invitations to all elected candidates, in cooperation with the Counselor and Governance Committee.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the position of secretary. Submit modifications or new policies and procedures to the board of directors for approval.
Orientation Video - 15 minutes