STTI honor society bylaws and chapter bylaws require that developing honor societies and chapters conduct at least one annual business meeting each year that is open to all members. Many honor societies and chapters hold the business meeting in conjunction with an event, program or awards or fundraising dinner to encourage member attendance. Evidence that annual membership business meeting were held and supporting documentation will be required for the application for chapter status.
Potential Agenda Items
- Reports given by each board officer and committee chair.
- Adoption of the completed, board-approved, honor society bylaws (template provided by STTI headquarters each biennium following Biennial Convention).
- Proposed Amendments to the bylaws:
- Amendments with Notice - Proposed amendments shall be in the hands of the board secretary at least 45 days prior to the date of the meeting and shall be appended/attached to the call to the meeting. Allowable areas of the bylaws may be amended by a 3/4 vote of the members present and voting at any meeting.
- Amendments without Notice - Bylaws may be amended by unanimous vote of the members present and voting at any scheduled meeting without previous notice.
- Honor society news & events
- Upcoming honor society events
- Scholarships & awards
- Introductions & statements of board candidates and committee chair candidates
A quorum at an honor society business meeting shall consist of at least three officers and seven members.
The rules contained in the 10th edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern developing honor societies in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the bylaws or special rules of STTI. Find more information on Robert's Rules.