This has been an impactful first year as your STTI President!
I enjoyed meeting and speaking with many of you at events in nearly every global region during 2016.
Throughout my travels, I continue to be humbled by all of you and appreciate the way our STTI members are advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service.
Please join me in welcoming the members of the following newly chartered chapters:
- Psi Gamma Chapter, Southern Utah University Cedar City, Utah, USA, 29 September 2016
- Psi Delta Chapter, Liberty University Lynchburg, Virginia, USA, 1 October 2016
- Psi Epsilon Chapter, McKendree University Lebanon, Illinois, USA, 2 October 2016
- Psi Zeta-at-Large Chapter, Monash University (Clayton, Victoria, Australia), University of Tasmania (Launceston, Tasmania, Australia), Federation University (Ballarat, Australia), Victoria University (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia), 17 November 2016
- Psi Eta Chapter, Flinders University Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, 21 November 2016
- Psi Theta-at-Large Chapter, Vanguard University (Costa Mesa, California, USA), Concordia University (Irvine, California, USA), 10 December 2016
- Psi Iota Chapter, University of St. Thomas Houston, Texas, USA, 16 December 2016
Congratulations on your achievements and welcome to the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International!
Like many of you, I am currently preparing to enjoy a little winter break to celebrate the holidays with my family. I’d like to remind you all that the STTI offices will be closed from Friday, 23 December 2016 through Monday, 3 January 2017 to allow our staff members to take time to celebrate with their families.
In just a few short days the New Year will be upon us. The year is filled with opportunities for networking with our colleagues from more than 90 countries. I look forward to the Creating Healthy Work Environments event in Indianapolis in March 2017 in Indianapolis, along with the 28th International Nursing Research Congress in Dublin, Ireland, in July 2017. In addition, our 44th Biennial Convention in Indianapolis in November 2017 will mark the culmination of my biennium of service to STTI. Please plan now to attend one of more of these outstanding events to connect with your fellow members and colleagues.
In February 2017, your STTI Board of Directors (BOD) will meet in Indianapolis. It is truly my pleasure and honor to work with these individuals you elected to lead the Society. The BOD are devoted and insightful leaders that are dedicated to ensure the continued growth and success of the organization. The BOD is engaged in several strategic initiatives that will impact STTI’s global impact well into the future.
As the year draws to a close, I challenge you to share how you are engaging in the four themes of my Call to Action: Influence through Advocacy, Policy, Philanthropy, and Lifelong Learning. Post your personal or chapter stories in social media using hashtag #NursesInfluence, and remember to tag me @CathyCatrambone and @STTI so your peers can stay connected with you.
Thank you for your service and leadership in STTI this past year. As the most respected profession for 15 consecutive years, we can be proud our impact on the health and well-being of those we serve.
Have a wonderful holiday with your family and loved ones. I wish you all the best in your personal and professional endeavors in 2017.
Cathy Catrambone, PhD, RN, FAAN
President 2015-2017, Sigma Theta Tau International